ESB Moneypoint Jetty Piles
|Client||ESB Generating Station|
J.S. McCarthy Ltd was employed by ESB Moneypoint to provide Access Platforms, Safety Standby Boats and to Grit Blast the existing coating down to low water mark. A marine anti corrosion protection was provided to 192Nr, 2m diameter Jetty Support Piles.
JS McCarthy Ltd provided all, labour, materials plant & equipment to carry out the works including designing a specialist access platform system to carry out the works in the tidal zone.
- The complete surface of jetty piles were power fresh water washed to 3,000psi to remove salts, marine growth & other surface contaminants.
- The exposed surface of the jetty pile was grit blasted to Sa2.5 Standard.
- Suspend work ( due to rising of tidal waters)
- (Recommence works at low tide) Power fresh water to remove salts & surface contaminants. Check salt levels were below the specified limits.
- Apply one full coat of a high solid modified epoxy barrier coat that is capable of curing under immersion conditions to give a Dry Film Thickness of 500 microns, when cured, ‘spark test’ to ensure no pin holes are preent in the coating.
- Apply a urethane mastic to seal along the joint between the pile & the pile cap.